Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Colorful Christmas Glittercure

It's Christmas day and the presents have all been unwrapped, the hard work is done and the time to relax again has come! The house is still colorful and bright with ornaments and lights. I watched my children open their presents that were wrapped in beautiful, brightly colored wrapping paper...and I was inspired! After all, I'm a true glitter girl, through and through.

It was time to replace my green and red dotticure, and the glitter was calling.

This is why... Just look at how pretty these are!



For this manicure I used a light, pearly purple and a glitter polish that I bought recently, but hadn't used yet. They seemed like the perfect pair.


Please excuse the mess around my cuticles. That can always be cleaned up later. Once the base color was on I had to decide what to do...glitter gradient from the top or at the tips? I had never done one from the top, and this was the perfect opportunity.


I think it turned out quite lovely! I added three light mauve rhinestones to each ring finger just to doll up this look a bit.



I'm looking forward to going out shopping with my ladies tomorrow at the mall and rocking my Christmas present inspired nails that can easily be a New Year's Eve look as well. (but we all know I'll get inspired again before then)

Materials Used:

Base color - Sinful Colors "Purple Diamond"
Glitter polish - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - "Grape Shifter"
Base coat - Sally Hansen Double Duty
Top coat - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
6 light mauve rhinestones from a holiday gift set from Walmart


I hope you enjoy this sparkly delight, and if you do, leave me a comment down below. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment