Sunday, May 3, 2015

Oceanic Water-Spotting Manicure

I had the pleasure of doing another water-potting manicure. I say it was a pleasure because once you get the hang of it, meaning once you find the right body spray to use, it really is fun. This is my contribution to Crumpet's Nail Tarts 52 Week Challenge for April 27-May 3rd.

The base color I used is a beautiful China Glaze color called "Sex in the City." It's a seriously gorgeous blue with a green shimmer to it. I'm in love!


I really loved this manicure. the gold coin sequins turned out perfect on both hands. I have to thank my sweetie in Japan for sending them to me.

After I did the water spotting technique, I added a coat of my Seche Vite fast drying top coat, and then I applied the gold decals. Then I topped it off with one more really thick coat of Seche Vite.


I love the way it looks in the sunlight...


I especially love how my index finger turned out...


I also wanted to share this silly picture of me squeezing my baby's cheeks! It's totally relevant since I have my oceanic manicure going on in the picture. ;)



I am thoroughly enjoying this challenge, even though I am jumping in part way through the prompts. I need to work on doing an "outline"manicure next. No clue how that will turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment