Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Abstract Art Negative Space Manicure.

I just wanted to try something I had never done before. I have done negative space nail art, but never abstract nail art. I didn't want anything fussy. I used my acrylic paints and dry brushed on simple sweeps of color.

The only thing that really sucks is that I got busy, and the paint started to dry before I got back to painting. I could have poured out fresh paint, but between keeping the baby happy and myself fed, I was just like "Whatever!"

So here's the result.


I paint petroleum jelly around my nails with a wide, flat brush to protect my skin from stray paint. It wipes off easily with a paper towel or baby wipe.

I used a fan brush that came with my nail art brush set from ebay. (I heart ebay!)

The acrylic paints are just basic craft paints from Walmart.

I don't buy expensive products to work with. I have other ways to spend my money! My goal is create awesome nail art on a tight budget.


Well, that's it for now! I hope you enjoy my negative space nail art. It's weird, but I was sick of seeing the same old designs over and over...


No comments:

Post a Comment