Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Red Valentine's Day Manicure w/Engangement Stone Accent

This is the first of a series of Valentine's Day manicures that I would like to accomplish. I was just in the mood for red and sparkly, but then my nail art tape showed up in my mailbox, so I had to test it out!

I used a couple fun colors. The base color is "Smokin Hot" by E.L.F. and the sparkly topper is "Hit the Floor" by Pure Ice. I love both colors! On my shorter nails, I could suffice with just one good coat of the "Smokin Hot". The Glitter coat was a bit tricky to apply evenly on all fingers, but totally worth the work.


I think this turned out really pretty.


In hindsight, I realize I could have done a horizontal stripe on my ring finger to make an engagement ring. I think I will do it on another manicure. Actually, I'm looking forward to it!

The nail art tape is so fun to work with. There is a trick to it. If you leave it too long (hanging off the edges) you run the risk of it peeling up even if you have applied top coat. So I am trying to remember to cut it a little shorter. I also apply a good, thick coat of top coat.


 This tape has a neat holographic pixelated pattern on it. It's just one of thirty colors for me to play with.

So that's it for now, but soon I will have more Valentine's Day looks to share with you. I hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment