Monday, January 5, 2015

31 Day Challenge, Day 1 "Follow a Tutorial"...Salt Manicure!

I LOVE watching this lady's YouTube videos. She makes things so simple. When I saw this I was like "Nuh-uh!!!" It's seriously cool. When I saw the "follow a tutorial" prompt I thought about this technique, but ended up looking for something more elaborate...just to go running back to this one. I HEART RealAsianBeauty! I'm totally a subscriber.


It was so easy!

Materials I used:

Base coat
Top coat
Nail polish
Table salt
Plate
Spoon
Paint brush
Acetone
Cup
Stiff make-up brush



1. Apply a base coat.
2. Once dry, apply a coat of polish.
3. While the polish is still wet, sprinkle salt all over your nail, making sure to cover every spot.
4. Press salt gently onto nail .
5. Let dry for a couple minutes.
6. Use paint brush to brush off any extra salt around nails
5. Apply fast drying top coat.
6. Use stiff make-up brush and acetone to remove any extra top coat that might have spilled over your cuticles.

...aaaaand DONE!







I plan on trying a lot of colors with this technique, but from what I've heard, light colors look best.

I hope you enjoy this post, and hey...why not give it a shot yourself?





No comments:

Post a Comment