Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Unfinished New Year's Nails

Well, I had good intentions, but quickly started to realize that maybe, just maybe...I had other priorities. As the title of this blog implies, I am a mom. As I come into this nail art journey and the New Year, I realize even more than before how this new year is dedicated to my children first...my aspirations second. I have a feeling this will not be my only unfinished manicure this year!

Even though I wasn't able to finish, and the base color started to chip before I even got to the top coat slapped on, I still love looking down at this sparkly wonder.

I was planning on adding different shapes and colors of rhinestones to every finger except my ring fingers which are accented with the glitter polish. Then I would have finished it off with a shiny top coat.

This is how it all went down...

The day after Christmas I went to the mall with my children. I spent some time in Forever 21 looking at all the cute clothes, feeling a bit jealous of all the girls who can wear such cute things. Me? Yeah, I'm still nursing a baby and have to have easy access to my boobs...so I had to walk past all those cute things.

Anyway, at Forever 21 I found an awesome rainbow glitter polish and glow in the dark polish. Honestly, the girl at the check out counter was so rude to me, that I just put them back and walked out of the store. I was mad and I wanted to cry. I just wanted to find something that I could use to make myself feel beautiful. That flew right out the window. I just didn't need that kind of treatment.

The next day I picked up a gift pack of four Elf nail polishes at Walmart after Christmas sale, and I must admit that the glitter polish was the main reason. I paid about $2.50 for the set.

So here's my failed attempt at my New Year's manicure...


The glitter polish accent nails are the only ones that got a top coat.



I'm a happy girl because I got four new polishes to add to my collection which includes this little gem.



The base color is a beautiful silver. It's Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, color Celeb City. I love this silver. It dried wonderfully, and was flashy and fun.


Anywho, the past few days have been so busy. I guess I'm lucky I got this far. I will try harder to finish my designs in the future, but I can't promise anything at the moment! I have to just go with it.

So far this is my favorite manicure (even though it's unfinished) since I started this journey last month.

Happy New Year to anyone who actually reads this. It's a new year and a new start. I'm ready to embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment